Tlhabane Square is a mixed-use precinct development by the Public Investment Corporation SOC LTD comprising of the following facilities:
- Retail mall: 31 000sqm of GLA
- Offices: ±12 000sqm of GLA (this is to incorporate Home Affairs, SASSA, Labour Department and a Hotel with a conference facilities)
- Ancillary Buildings: Police Station at 10 000sqm GLA
- New Magistrate Court: 8000sqm GLA
- Refurbishment of the existing service station
- New taxi drop-off, tyre fitment and traders market
The retail mall spans over two levels of retail and parking. The precinct and each facility will further benefit from direct open on-grade parking. With excellent access, location and visibility, Tlhabane Square is well positioned and suited to serve as a regional mall.
The precinct is earmarked to be a mixed-use development with functionality as required by the region. Four large anchor tenants and ancillary government offices will create activity throughout the development, ensuring that the heart of the square is activated.
Tlhabane Square is positioned along the Swartruggens Road (R104) and bordered by Monareng Street and Motsatsi Street. The proposed site makes up the majority of the area bordered by the streets highlighted above. However, the physical boundaries consist of the Meridian Curro Private School, the Magistrates Court, the Ferncrest Hospital, a petrol station and a vacant business stand.
Tlhabane Square trade area encompasses five distinct markets:
- Primary market being the residents of Tlhabane, Tlhabane West, Geelhout Park and Rustenburg Noord.
- Secondary markets further afield consist of Phokeng, Lefaragatlhe, Zinniaville and Rietvlei
Tlhabane Square will service the shopping needs and services consultation of all customers within the trade area by bringing comprehensive and wide mix of retailers and government department and ensuring there is sufficient critical mass to keep all customers satisfied. This will include fashion, food, homeware, entertainment as well as range of services including police station, magistrate court, town hall, library, consulting rooms and government services.