Mowana employees who are interested in being registered as an Estate Agent can now complete the NQFL4 or NQFL5 Real Estate Qualification – a Services SETA accredited qualification.
Below is all the information you need to know. We’ve also included a helpful summary flowchart at the end.
Section one: For new registrations, the process is as follows:
- Complete the Mowana Internal Application Form before December 2021, get it signed off by your Line Manager, and forward the completed form to Zama Pharu (Learning & Development Manager): email@example.com
- Each applicant will receive a training schedule listing the dates of all classes. All classes are conducted online via Microsoft Teams.
- The online classes are mandatory to attend, as they are needed to complete your Portfolio of Evidence (POE).
- Please note that you do not need to complete a written exam to receive the qualification. However, you will need to have a POE or completed logbook to receive your certificate.
- While going through the training, you will also be listed as an Intern Estate Agent (see section two below) with the EAAB.
- If, after successfully receiving the qualification, you would like to become a full status Real Estate Agent, you will then need to sit the Professional Designation Examination (PDE) with the EAAB.
Section two: To register as an Intern Estate Agent with the EAAB:
- Create a profile by logging on to https://www.eaab.org.za/myffc/registration. After creating a profile, you will receive an email with login details, as well as your unique registration number, which you need to complete the registration process.
- You will need the following documents:
- For South African citizens: A certified ID copy
- For non-South African citizens: A certified and valid passport, and a certified and valid copy of your South African Work Permit
- A letter of employment from the Estate Agency firm that you intend to join as an Estate Agent, duly signed by the principal(s), and displaying the company letterhead. This letter will be provided by the Legal Department and will include the Estate Agency’s Firm PIN number for Mowana, which starts with the letter ‘F’.
- You will receive an email asking you to make a payment. Please forward this email to Zama Pharu (firstname.lastname@example.org), who will facilitate payment with the Finance Department. You will be provided with the Proof of Payment, which you must upload on your EAAB profile. Follow up with the EAAB to allocate your payment. You must ensure that your unique registration number is used as a reference.
- Once you have completed the new registration process, please submit your registration certificate to Zama Pharu immediately.
- Call the EAAB on 087 285 3222 should you have any queries.